LandStar 7 Road Function
LandStar7 Road module is built as a full solution for road workflow. It is hard for surveyors in the field to stakeout points with a calculator and design papers in the traditional way. With CHC road stakeout, everything will be simple, no calculation needed, and no other tools required for measurement. After loading road design data, LandStar7 will show the direction and distance that lead you to the target place. A cut or fill value to display the difference between earth surface and design surface. Use backward and forward buttons to move to the next point, or choose the nearest point to the stakeout. No matter what the types of points are, just hit buttons to complete the whole road survey. Let us see how that happens.
Road Stake workflow:
Before getting started, some definitions need to be clarified. For the road design, the main components are based on three dimensions.
1. Road shape contains horizontal and vertical alignment, stations equation, widening and superelevation
2. Road cross sections contain standard cross sections and slopes
3. Road facilities contain structures and culvert
-“Station equations” describe the mileage overlapping or shortening during designing;
-“Horizontal alignment” represents the centerline of the road;
-“Vertical alignment” describes the rise and fall;
-“Widening” indicates where to make the road expanding. For example, we can apply this to the construction of bus stations;
-“Superelevation” depicts the slope of the road surface in turning places to make sure vehicle will not roll over;
-“Cross sections” is the representation of what one would see if an excavator dug a trench across a roadway, showing the number of lanes, their widths and cross slopes, as well as the presence or absence of shoulders, curbs, sidewalks and other roadway features.
-“Structures” indicates different forms of the structure included in road design like overline bridge
After knowing the road design, we can import road data to LandStar7 easily. There are three different approaches.
1. Convert LandXml data to CHC rod file. It is the easiest way to load road data. It will support more road element in the future soon.
2. Input road design data in road edit functions.
3. Import existing road file. Put the road file into CHCNAV/LS7_Projects/roads folder.
While inputting road data, here are some tips:
1. Horizontal alignment is compatible with C/L and PI types. C/L means the centerline is illustrated by geometry elements like lines, curves, arc, etc. While PI means the centerline is described with cross points of PI elements. After inputting all the data, road centerline will appear on the map.
2. We can split Standard Section inputting into the left side and right side. A graphic will display the slope of each section after inputting, and we can click mirror button to copy data to the other side and input. Then there will be a bound of roads appear on the map.
3. Widening and Superelevation have graphs to show slope, and we can scroll left or right to switch sides.